PDA

View Full Version : New Impreza 2.5i Premium hatch... Automatic or Manual??

superfluidity
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new here and to Subaru as well. Forgive me if this has been asked before... and more so if it seems like an opinion biased question... first though, what you need to know is:

1. I have never driven a manual for longer then an hour at a time.

2. I have never owned a subaru of any kind, ever.

3. I am not a kid who thinks 170bhp makes a race car, nor do I want to drive like I own one.

4. I love having as much control while driving as possible.

5. When I think I will really enjoy something I am willing to take a risk and jump right in.

6. I love driving.

.... and maybe most importantly; 7. I live in New York City.

With all that said, I really WANT to love driving a manual and according to research and human testimony, Subaru seems like the best route. With every new car I have ever purchased, SOMEONE has talked me out of getting a manual and into the auto. I guess I am just looking for the confirmation from real drivers, that manual is fun and worth the times in traffic that everyone seems so terrified of.

Thanks,
Vince.... errrr.... superfluidity... uh, whatever.

Monstersubie
05-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I love my manual, yet I live in a small town, and even the bigger cities near don't have loads of traffic. I don't mind driving in traffic but it does take a toll on the clutch. Just keep that in mind.

apsolus
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
just aksingmeans you would go either way, get the auto. i ama diehard stckshift guy id get manual no matter what but your s dff storry