PDA

View Full Version : 06 wrx mods and tranny issues

bwlaufer
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Ok so i bought an 06 wrx and had it for 2 weeks when the motor went. I got that fixed and it was ok then i started to have issues with tgv's so need deletes. It has Tomei Expreme headers and a catless turbo back exhaust. I was drivin home the other day and the tranny went it slams in first second is good third grinds going in then slams when its in and fourth is fine. Haven't tried fifth gear wondering whats wrong. Any ideas?? Its under warranty still so it should hopefully be covered. Also any input on next few mods would be appreciated. It also has a Cobb fx intake which is soon to be swapped for an Injen cold air.

Monstersubie
04-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Sounds like the syncros are going out. My manual tranny is doing something vaguely similar. Try to ease the shifter into the trouble gears. Could be driver error. Also check under the car, look for the crossmember holding the trans, I have seen a guy lose one bolt and it did something similar. Lemme know if this helps

XxWRXxX
07-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I Have an 06' wrx. This thing has alot of upgrades to it. dyno@ close to 500hp. One of many upgrades are the helical gears 1-4 im having bad grinding in 3rd gear and 4th if i don't shift perfectly smooth. im not sure if its the syncros...or if it could be either the master or slave cylinder not engaging all the way? any input?

Monstersubie
07-14-2011, 04:58 AM
^^^whose gears are you running? I have helical 1-5.