PDA

View Full Version : check engine light on due to camshaft position timing over advance

jsilverr5
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
i recently took out my stock intake and put a aftermarket AEM short ram intake and i also put an after market blow off valve and a now i got a check engine light on and it says i need a new cam shaft sensor any ideas on what i should do and what kinda of camshaft to get? and its a 2006 wrx

Monstersubie
04-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Do you just absolutely want new camshafts? And which sensor is the problem? We have four cams, and sensors. If you can find out which one it is, locate that sensor and make sure the connector is working properly, and that the retaining bolt is in the sensor, many cam and crank codes come from the sensors not being fully mounted. Check on that.

brandonmillsap
11-16-2011, 07:00 PM
i recently took out my stock intake and put a aftermarket AEM (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_brands/aem.html) short ram intake and i also put an after market blow off valve and a now i got a check engine light on and it says i need a new cam shaft sensor any ideas on what i should do and what kinda of camshaft to get? and its a 2006 wrx

I think the AEM short ram intake is absolutely worth it, and I think an AEM camshaft would be advisable as well.

TOPSPEEDLABS
11-17-2011, 07:47 AM
check your sensors to see if they have come loose or unbolted as Monstorsubie has stated. the code should let u know which one is bad if there is a bad one.