PDA

View Full Version : speakers in car

HIGHGRAVITY
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Hello people as a subi owner we all know that the stock speakers are crap, so I am going to buy some new ones but im not sure which store to take my car to. I was thinking about best buy or car toys but i dont know if i can trust them not to damage my door pannels i have a 2010 impreza. Can anyone tell me if you think they are good stores to goto. I live in Seattle. thanks

702speedy
04-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Go to car toys or a specialty store. Best buy techs usually suck. I used to be a car audio manger for car toys and audio express. You have less to worry about at a specialty shop. Are you going to just change the speakers add a deck or whats the plan?

HIGHGRAVITY
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
just the speakers i like the deck with the six disc changer. And i was wondering have you or anybody put new speakers by yourself how easy is it to take off the door panels because if its easy I will do it by my self and save me some money.

702speedy
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
just the speakers i like the deck with the six disc changer. And i was wondering have you or anybody put new speakers by yourself how easy is it to take off the door panels because if its easy I will do it by my self and save me some money.

its easy. go to a checker or autozone they have a flat looking fork tool thats called apanel popper. The deck sux in your car though. get some entry level speakers something thats fairly low powered or your deck wont do dick.

Rally Noob
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow if Subaru's stock speakers are crap than mine must be aftermarket cause they're great. O.O