PDA

View Full Version : 2002 WRX Need help and advice with engine rebuild

marcfox22
04-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi all, I just picked up an 2002 WRX with a blown motor. I just stopped in the shop thats rebuilding my motor. He said the cylinders dont look bad and the crank will need ground possibly but he has to mic it first. My question is if im rebuilding this motor with a crank and pistons and rods should i just put a 2.1 stroker kit in it? Honestly i want to keep the price down but if i can spend a few dollars more and tune it up then i will. Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated, Im not familiar with these cars as i am a bike guy. Also im looking for a rear bumper cover in blue if anyone knows of one.

RPM
04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
You can totaly add the strocker kit and make great power. If you do this I would use ARP studs for the head. If you trying to keep the cost down, just change the pistons with JE, swap the cams for JDM 2.0 cams and use ARP head studs. You will be able to push 18-20psi and should make around 350whp and around 350wtq. You should also change the clutch sence the motor will be out.

marcfox22
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you very much for the info. I havent had any luck finding the JDM cam though. Can you tell me where to find it. thank you

RPM
04-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I dont know where you can find the JDM cams. When I did my 05 I had a set laying around the shop. We sell the Kelford racing cams for $800.00. They are way better the the JDM, but cost more. If you want to stay true JDM good luck.