PDA

View Full Version : WRX`07 First time modification

RedWRX
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi there to all scooby owners,fans and technicians

I have a 2007 WRX,which is now out of warantee. I want to install a big exhaust system that would give that beautiful scooby sound. I was told by a friend that there would be some mapping involved and secondly i want a loud dumpvalve

What would be the tecnical drawbacks of implementing the above changes,would remapping cause problems with reliability and so forth. where do i begin, please help

thanks
MOE

Monstersubie
03-29-2011, 04:13 AM
If by remap you mean tune, that won't be necessary on a cat or axle back, but turbo back and a tune helps nicely. As far as a blow off valve, they don't seem to hurt, with the exception of slight hesitation and sometimes stalling the car, those problems can be fixed though.

RPM
04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
If all you do is a cat back exhaust you dont have to tune. Turbo back, tune is needed. There are many options for exhaust systems. Im running the HKS hi-power. Also with the blow off valve it does make a difference which one to use. It has been known to have mid throttle hesitation, and occasionally stalling. I have installed the HKS SSQV blow off, and the greddy with no tune and it works great with no problems. I have had issues with turbo XS. We do allot of subarus and I have tested many products. If you have any questions just ask.

Monstersubie
04-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow....I said the same thing previously...awkward