PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Impreza Warning Lights

vianegativa85
02-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Here's my situation: Just bought a used 2008 Subaru Impreza from a reputable Subaru Dealership in New Hampshire late last month (6 days ago) that came with a CPO and less than 18k miles on it.

After 5 days of driving the traction control/VDC, hill assist and ABS warning lights come on and stay on for the duration of any journey I am taking and disable the use of the cruise control. I talked to the service department and they want to take a look at it this weekend. I am not sure what to do in this situation - I am almost ready to demand a refund and give the car back at this point.

Will this be an easy fix? Or will it be a problem that will always stay with the car?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

apsolus
02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor gone bad or unplugged. wow wish mine had all those bells and whistles

vianegativa85
02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Let's just hope all those bells and whistles continue to work after taking it back to the dealer... So we'll see after today.

apsolus
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
so? what was the prob?

vianegativa85
02-18-2011, 07:46 AM
It was a faulty brake sensor. They fixed it and didn't charge me for it. Since all three systems are inter-related if one goes bad they all show up as failing. But for now it's back to normal! :)

apsolus
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
good,new cars suck like that. glad its fixed

brandonmillsap
08-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Here's my situation: Just bought a used 2008 Subaru Impreza from a reputable Subaru Dealership in New Hampshire late last month (6 days ago) that came with a CPO and less than 18k miles on it.

After 5 days of driving the traction control/VDC, hill assist and ABS warning lights come on and stay on for the duration of any journey I am taking and disable the use of the cruise control. I talked to the service department and they want to take a look at it this weekend. I am not sure what to do in this situation - I am almost ready to demand a refund and give the car back at this point.

Will this be an easy fix? Or will it be a problem that will always stay with the car?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I have to agree that the problem lies in the brake sensor (http://www.car-stuff.com/brakepadsensor.htm). I have encountered a similar situation where the ABS warning lights stay on.