PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Stuck/Vibrations

bastianberman
01-28-2011, 02:07 AM
I have a 1995 Subaru Impreza although this might have happened to other older Sub owners. I can't find the answer to this anywhere. Recently when I either turn the car on or off and the antenna either attempts to go up or down, it will get stuck when it is in the down position and vibrates. Loudly and embarrassingly. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it won't happen. It seems that it has to do maybe with the motor that makes it retract not being able to stop once it gets all the way down and something similar in reverse. I don't recall anything happening to bend the antenna. I don't live anywhere near a dealer or anyone who specializes in foreign cars so I can't pop in for a quick ask. I just want to know if it is something expensive or cheap to fix since I want to sell the car soon and don't really want to invest more in it. But I don't think I would personally buy a car except for parts with such an annoying problem. When I turn it on if I quick turn on the radio it goes away promptly but if I'm turning it off I have to dash out and grab the knob at the end of the antenna and pull it up slightly and release. I'm quite the spectacle at the grocery store. Anyone have any experience with this situation?