PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a MY09 WRX and would like some advice on initial mods

NJ_wrx
01-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Hello. I'm new to this website and just purchased a wrx on New Year's Eve so my 2011 is off to a great start. I'm a previous owner of a brand new Impreza 2.5 RS from 2001 and finally took the turbo plunge. So, here's what I'm planning:

Short Shifter:

I'm hearing good things about the Kartboy (which I used on my RS) and the adjustable by Cobb. What is adjustable about the Cobb version? Is it an easy install? Are the plastic discs that come with the shortshifter easy to install? And what is their purpose exactly?

Armrest:

I'm looking at the one found on subaru parts .com which only has it listed in the '08 model in the drop down box. I was curious if this works in the '09.

Turbo Gauge

Is the one offered by Subaru the preferred model? I was thinking of going with the panel that runs by the left shoulder of the driver. I'm not sure if that's practical for this car though.

One last thing. I bought my 09 with 6000 miles on it. Do I have to do anything specific with Subaru of America to qualify for the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty or does it already qualify?

Sorry for the newb questions but I want to spend my money wisely the first time around and want to better understand my car. Thanks for any help in advance!

-cross posted for maximum advice