PDA

View Full Version : Not an owner yet

Philkinson
12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,
Looks like my trusty vw is finally nearing the end. I checked out a 1995 Impreza hatchback today, 1.8, awd 5 speed. 160k miles. I've been into vw's for about 6 years now, and the awd is appealing to my new england winter communte.

Starts, runs and drives nice, no exhaust leaks, I know its obd1, not 2, which I'm a little more weary about. What should I look for next time I go, I know nothing about subaru's, so anything that should stand out to me probably doesn't. I did hear a slight slight knocking sound, seller says its just how a subaru sounds? Sketchy or no?
The shifter has alot of play to the left and right, I assume its a bushing that a rebuild kit could fix.

Anywho, I want to buy it, how's it look? I got them down to $1500. Thanks guys, I hope to be here a while.

Car in question http:/ /providence .craigslist .org/ ctd/2065859713 .html (sorry I had to space it out, have to have 10 posts to post a link)

Philkinson
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
bought it anyways, is this the main subaru website?

glipzcom
12-10-2010, 03:55 PM
This forum doesn't seem to be super active. I just joined as well. I think I might need to find another user forum.