PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Forester XLT

Frank
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I purchased new (2009) Forester, and was religious about changing oil (Mobil1 5/30) The car broke down ( had a broken rod), subby replaced engine, after a long and tired battle, as they only wanted to replace the short block. this occured at 21000mi. It unfortunately has turend me a little sour to the product, and because of the fight they gave me. I am a Marine and at the time of event was 11 days before shipping out for my third trip back to the sand box. I tried so hard to get things in shape so my wife would not have to fight with them, but unfortunately I was not able to straighten things out before I had to go. Has anyone else run into this (rod) issue with the 2009 2.5 turbo? They seem to indicate it was because I used Synthetic Oil.

kbynum3
07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I have used Amsoil 5-30 (it's synthetic) in my 2009 Forester XLT since the first oil change. It has 23000 + on it now with no engine problems. I recently had it at the dealer for a paint problem. There was a Forester just like mine at that dealer having the engine rebuilt because the owner changed the oil at 8000 miles instead of the required 3750. The first dealer I took mine too didn't know that the turbo model had to have the oil changed at 3750. Did your dealer let you down and not change your oil at 3750?