PDA

View Full Version : 2010 forester Flashing check engine light issue

sru5000
11-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Just leased a 2010 Forester a few weeks ago. Twice in the past few days when I start it the check engine light will remain flashing until I shut it off. When I restart it, it does not come on again. No other lights are coming on, just the flashing check engine light, and it doesn't come on every time I start it. I called the dealer and the Service Manager very quickly told me it means the gas cap is loose or lined up wrong and to check that. he told me nothing is wrong and dont bother bringing it in as they won't even look at it because its the gas cap. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the engine as it doesn't sound different at all. It only has about 200 miles on it so far. I do have a code reader and I plugged it in while it was flashing and the computer said there were no codes to read. Not sure what to do as everything I read about a flashing check engine light says that your engine is about to blow. Should I demand they check it or trust their answer? Any help would be greatly appriciated.