PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Imprezza Bluetooth Audio - help

dellsweig
10-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Greetings

I just picked up a 2011 Imprezza with the premium package - including bluetooth audio and phone. I have an iPhone 4 running Ios 4.1.

First, the dealership was worthless in answering questions regarding BT - they said read the manual - which I did :)

I can get the iPhone to pair with teh audo system. Once paired the music plays fine, the track and volume controls work fine - all is good.

First problem:

When a call comes in the ring can be heard via the audio system and the music lowers. Inside the car I can hear the caller fine but the caller can hardly hear me. Mostly the caller hears the GSM static GSM phones make when near audio systems.

Second problem:

If I leave the car and return, it does not sutomatically re-pair with my iphone. My phone is set to "discoverable" and it indicates that it is. If I press the menu button on the car audio - it displays the iphone but will not re-pair.

Any ideas on these?? I am tempted to ditch the BT and just use and aux cable :)

Thanks

subyfixer
10-31-2010, 07:10 AM
They have had a lot of compatability issues with bluetooth in Subaru's. Not all phones with bluetooth are covered. Search for Subaru Bluetooth Compatability website. Can't post the link yet... Hope this helps.

Subyfixer

dellsweig
10-31-2010, 11:20 AM
They have had a lot of compatability issues with bluetooth in Subaru's. Not all phones with bluetooth are covered. Search for Subaru Bluetooth Compatability website. Can't post the link yet... Hope this helps.

Subyfixer

Thanks for the reply

The owners manual - even though its a 2011 car only shows the iphone 3gS running 3.x. That is a year old. I tried the BT with my wifes Iphone 3GS (with 4.1) and got the same results.

Anyone with personal experience with this???

PACMANOID
11-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I have the same issue on my 2011 WRX, sometimes it pairs and others I have to delete it and pair it again.

Is anyone having the issue of not being able to sync the address book with the wrx radio unit? I have tried with the iphone and nokia phones and failed...

jtt777
02-05-2011, 08:04 AM
I have really crummy audio quality on the calls myself. i can hear the other person fine but i often sound garbeled or there is too mcuh background noise on the highway.

any suggestions? i am using an evo.

Xrayeric
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
The audio quality hasn't been an issue for me. While in the call u can adjust e mic volume and gain with the volume on the steering wheel but I've had automatic playing of my playlist every time I connect to Bluetooth which I am currently investigating. (iPhone 4s)