PDA

View Full Version : ? on a Catted Down Pipe

cbegf
10-20-2010, 08:04 PM
I am trying to order a downpipe and i was told to order a catted down pipe to prevent turbo creep, but if i was to put a resinator inline just after the downpipe instead of just open pipe to the muffler would that help instead of a catted down pipe?

cwestrex
12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't suggest putting on a modified downpipe without an ecu re-tune. I got a cobb accessport, put on the invidia catless uppipe and downpipe, and tuned it to their stage 2 (which matches those upgrades). The car runs unbelievable and it passes inspection without a problem.

Monstersubie
04-12-2011, 02:28 AM
You can run a downpipe without a tune, yes a non-catted down pipe CAN cause boost creep, but so can a catted, its the overall size of the down pipe, not necessarily being catted or not.

RPM
05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
They are both correct. I have seen people run downpipes with no tuning, but you will see much greater results with a tune. Regarding catted or not. I think its a waste of money purchasing a catted down pipe. After you make some more power you will blow threw the cat. It will become hollow after a couple of years. Just get a catless pipe and keep the factory downpipe for smog.