PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Impreza 2.5i - Feedback/Comment/Review?

playdohh22
10-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I assume this is the correct forum for the Impreza, seeing that other threads topics have been based on the Impreza. What is an 2.5 RS?

For some background information. As I said in my earlier thread I am in my first year of college right now. My college is located in the North Country of New York, and I've been told they have long and harsh winters here. I'm also an inexperienced new driver, and the AWD should help lower my costs for insurance. So I am strongly considering this solid small car.

I am curious if the Subaru 2.5GT has been discontinued? Through all the searching I've done on the Impreza, I haven't came across the GT untill yesterday. Unless, they mean the Legacy 2.5GT, but they look nothing alike.

I am just worried that 170HP will not be enough if I ever wanted to drive more sporty. But given that I'm a new driver, I'm not sure. But a few more horses sure does sound better. I am looking to buy a 08-11' Impreza hatchback used. Probably not as likely to find a used 2011 model. The models before 08' don't appeal to me as much as the 08' and after.

I can't think if anything else to say at the moment, but I will surely be adding on to this thread. So if you can, please check back on this thread every once in a while. Thanks in advance. :)

playdohh22
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Anyone have any information on the impreza GT? I heard that it is basically an 08' WRX with automatic transmission.

bluemax
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
2.5 RS was a four door sedan built on the WRX platform. No supercharger, 165 hp.