PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Alexsutn
09-13-2010, 11:56 AM
OK, I drive a wrangler and my girlfriend has an outback sport and her entire familly drives subies. she was out of town for a week and needed brakes so I put new front rotors and pads on for her. While breaking in the brakes (haha) I fell in love with the thing.

Since then, the jeep is for sale and I've been trolling the web and lots for a newer outback sport.

I thought I liked the 2002-2004 body style, but after reading lots of reviews, they seem to be prone to engine problems past 100k. any truth?

I really do not like the 05.

Then I saw a 2007 and really liked the look, expecially the interior which is a huge selling point for me.

I found a good deal on a 2008 but am unsure of the size.
I need a hatchback for all my camping/scuba/tool stuff. Is the 08 body style much smaller on the inside then the 07? it looks tiny from the outside, like a little bubble, where the previous model looked roomy.

If anyone could answer these and chime in with some helpful info for me it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

brandonmillsap
11-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I think the body style of the 08 is a bit different to the 07, and some parts such as the jeep headers (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance_sm/jeep~headers~performance.html) may have different characteristics as well. I would opt for the 08 version.

2007fuji
11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Any car can have problems after 100K, if it is not taken care of....the cars history is what decides its future....not the year model.