PDA

View Full Version : Radical WRX STi engine swap in Corvair (rear engine)

corvairturbo
08-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I am looking for a Turbo and an ECU for an EJ20TT (converting it to a single turbo)... Anyone know where I can get one on a budget?

I am putting this engine into the rear of a 1967 Corvair Monza Coupe... You can read more about the setup here... (I have under 10 posts, so I cannot post the link)... corvairturboDOTwordpressDOTcom

Replace the DOT with an actual .

Thanks,
Anthony

corvairturbo
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow... does anyone read this forum... on the Corvair forums I usually get an answer in 15 minutes... It has been almost 10 days since I posted this...

Ego4sho
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Very cool idea man, I've seen porsche 914s with subi swaps. Don't really know where to find your parts but try looking in classifieds

1929ssk
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
hey, I'm newbee suby but i'm tryn to do the same thing exept with a 75 model kit car. kit was never titled or completed, but i just cant see this car with air cooled 75hp no a/c so on and so on. i'm lookin the same info as you so if i find any good info i'll send it your way. Want to do wrx or sti swap. awsumm hp. found a lot of hit and miss info pulling up vw subaru engine swap. you can find adapter plates and fly wheels not alot of teck info on this coversion. vanagon swap there is a company that does this coversion that can probably give you all the info you lookin. Jim

oxen
01-06-2011, 09:33 PM
done the 924 with the 6 cylinder boxer swap. stupid quick too.

post up some pics of what you got going on with your corvair im interested to see

corvairturbo
01-08-2011, 12:44 AM
I will post pictures once the forum let's me. I am a new member, so I have to have x amount of posts.

RPM
04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
do you need a complete kit for single turbo, or do you just need the turbo? We sell them at RPM. Let me know what you need.