PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought an 02 wrx

cvalianos
08-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Bought the wrx with a stage 3 metallic disc clutch, K&N cold air intake,exhaust and a carbon fiber hood. Im wondering if i should change the innercooler from a top mount to a front mount innercooler, but if i do that i think im gonna have to take out my cold air intake because some of the pipes from the front mount innercooler will get in the way. Is it worth it?

Sti Guy
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I say stay with the top mount. Just cause it will look more stealthy.. And also what kind of Front mount were you thinking to get?

cvalianos
08-02-2010, 04:27 PM
If i got a front mount what kind should i get?. And you get more hp with a front mount dont you?

Administrator
08-03-2010, 12:35 AM
There is a list of supporting mods that you need in order to get a good horsepower gain and benefit from a front mount. Ill dig the info up for you.

You also might want to rethink the CIA (cold air intake). The stock setup in the WRX is good to 400hp......the only benefit it is giving you is sound right now.

Administrator
08-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I just digged up some info for you on the front mount. First, a professional tune IS necessary when running the front mount. There is also a delayed throttle response using the stock turbo, assuming that is what you have.

right now I would look for a better performing top mount intercooler until you upgrade your turbo and supporting mods.

Hope this helps