PDA

View Full Version : What do I do to fit my Yakima rack on my '97 Legacy Wagon

jofus22
06-20-2010, 05:49 AM
I have an older Yakima rack which was previously on an '87 GL wagon. There are no gutters on the '97 Legacy. Is there some sort of modification I need to make, or am I S.O.L.?

BryanRGMU
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
I have an older Yakima rack which was previously on an '87 GL wagon. There are no gutters on the '97 Legacy. Is there some sort of modification I need to make, or am I S.O.L.?

It depends on what type of towers you have. By gutters are you referring to tracks on your roof where factory crossbars would go? If so you would need to buy Q towers to replace your current ones in order to fit your naked roof. If you already have Q towers you just need to go to Yakima's website and see which Q clips (which are the things that brackets that go under your door) you need and just replace them and you should be good to go.

davidwilsoon
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM

It depends on what type of towers you have. By gutters are you referring to tracks on your roof where factory crossbars would go? If so you would need to buy Q towers to replace your current ones in order to fit your naked roof. If you already have Q towers you just need to go to Yakima's website and see which Q clips (which are the things that brackets that go under your door) you need and just replace them and you should be good to go.

greenhatchy
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
xdgfdfgdfgdfgdgdg