View Full Version : New (to me) 2006 WRX
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey Fellas and Gals
Just bought a 2006 WRX, love it. A very quick and agile machine.
She is all stock. Anyone have ideas for quick/easy/less expensive upgrades?
Not a tunner at all, but am a little curious :)
10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Word to the wise here.
NO BOV (blow off valve)
These two mods might be good for the honda/toyota guys, but not us, not for street driving. They might be ok if you are putting down big numbers and with engine management, but I would avoid these, as they may destroy your dreams for the car.
Now, there are some things that you can do inexpensively to make the car handle better and give it a little more pep.
1. Brakes = good pads (hawk, EBC, ect.) and SS lines
2. Rear sway bar = many manufacturers, I have a perrin rear sway setup....
3. Tires = Stockers are ok, but look into some performance tires for summer, and if you are driving in the winter, def get winter tires (blizzaks or M3's)
4. Engine magement = The COBB Accessport is awesome (can go stage 1 right now)
5. Engine mods = downpipe/turbo back, then build from there.
Hope this gets you going, if you have more questions just post here and i'll answer them the best I can!
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
ok no cold air (crap)
no BLV (what ever that is)...can u tell I'm not a tunner?
I can get BREBO pads and rot's at less than cost so thats good
Sway bars ...got it
Got snowies on now...Blizzacks...will buy(get) AS or Summers in spring...bro works for Micheline
Engine management looks like a $700+ investment (worth it?)
as for downpipe...catt or no catt...easy to self install?
not sure what tubo back is....
btw...what is a turbo scilencer and should i remove it?
...What +HP and FpT can I expect from said upgrades?
Thanks fishingltj...was lookin @ Cold Air...but if you say its bad I have to believe you
oh oh looks like I may have a new (expensive) hobby
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.