PDA

View Full Version : 92 wagon starter relay????

Chris from everett
04-03-2010, 03:39 PM
So my little suby wouldnt start the other day. It has 250k+ on the orig starter so I figured it's time was up. I installed a new starter but no luck.
The engine starts and runs fine with a jumper wire from the battery to the starter so I figure its eather the clutch or relay issue. I bypassed the clutch switch so thats not it. So I'm left with the starter solenoid. My manual and chiltins dont spesify where it is located. I have dug around in the dash and have not found a relay that is getting sinal voltage from the key.
That can only mean 2 things..1 I have not found the starter relay or 2 The ignition swicth has failed. So does anyone know the location of that pesky relay???

Chris from everett
04-03-2010, 06:43 PM
So I ohmed out the harness and found the relay. The relay is good so that leaves me with the ignition or other..... I dont have a wire diagram so I'm not sure if there is any ECU input into this system. So for now I will use a rocker switch. Any of yall have any bright ideas?

macrylinda
08-18-2010, 12:42 AM
This great video, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the video on this forum and you'll find them great.