PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth changing transmission of my 2000 2.5rs?

mangamaniaciam
01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm in the process of buying a 2000 subaru impreza 2.5 rs. The person who I am purchasing the car from told me that the previous owner told him that the car was manual but he had changed it to automatic. If this is true is worth changing it back? How much would it cost? I really love this car and and anyone that knows about this car, knows that its hard to find it in blue with manual transmission.what i'm trying to say is that i rather have manual and i wanted to know if its worth changing it back.

GoArmy
01-28-2008, 05:39 AM
find out if the change to to transmission is legal for where you live and if the change has been noted for registration purposes. If everything has been approved and above board there is no point in changing it back if you don't want to. If the changes have not been approved you are just buying a headache

jools4fools
01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Well I have never heard of having to get a permit to mod your car. As for swaping your tranny hope you got alot of money! Cause you will spend 1000-3000 (depends on alot of factors) to get one then you gotta pay some one to swap it. Very spendy! As for worth it, I would say no unless your gunna put in a sti tranny which would be if you want a bullet proof performance tranny. So its all about what your looking for, if you arent for performance and what not then keep it as is cause its not gunna be worth it cause manual tranny cars are cheaper than automatic cars cause you gotta replace clutches cause most people ride the clutch so if you want a performance car then it would be so sick if you did a sti tranny and motor swap. Talk about happy you wouldnt be able to stop smiling while you were driving!