PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Own an Impreza Outback Sport?

SIOS2010
03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I've got a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, and I'm trying to find other people with one too...but so far no luck.:confused: Anyone?

dibbasota
04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I purchased a new 2010 Scoob 2010 Impreza Outback Sport in February.

It's black.

I love it. Got it mostly so I could get around in the snow in winter, but it handles great in the rain too!

SIOS2010
04-05-2010, 08:54 AM
I got my in Feb too. It's black as well. I love it. And I pretty much got it for the same reason as you...to get around in the snow. Plus it holds my bike and my kayak at the same time. You're the first person that I've heard back from on this forum, having an outback sport.

screamin' demon
04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Yep, I have one too. Mine is an 09 - sage green. Currently sitting in my drive unlicensed and untitled.

zaskarmark
04-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I am a Subaru noobie. I had never, ever tho't I would own a Subaru. Just picked up a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport...two-tone...Newport Blue and silver.
I absolutely LOVE it ! I have never posted on a forum before, so I am a double-cherry. The car is much more than I tho't. Got a new job and needed better mpg. In mixed driving I'm getting 30-31 mpg !!!

dibbasota
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Zaskarmark,

How are you getting 30mpg? I'm averaging 22-24 and I have a manual transmission. I drive highway as well. Let me know.

Thanks!

screamin' demon
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Got a new job and needed better mpg. In mixed driving I'm getting 30-31 mpg !

That's impressive. For highway mileage, Subie literature indicates 26 mpg for the auto and 27 mpg for the stick.

dibbasota and zaskarmark, in what states are you located? I'm in Illinois.

SIOS2010
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know how he's getting 30 MGP. I get about 24 MGP city, and between 26 and 27 MPG Hwy with the cruise control on.

zaskarmark
04-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Hey folks,
I have no idea why I'm getting 30mpg. I do drive very conservativly.
Shifting before 2500rpm. I drive from the western mtns of Maine into
Portland to work every day; 50mi. one way. My mpg is thru' math calculation,
not the car computer. All I can tell you, is I love it after 13-15mpg
in my F150.

dibbasota
04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm in Missouri. I typically shift between 3500 and 4000 rpm. Maybe that's my problem.

screamin' demon
04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Well, I don't doubt your math Zaskarmark, but it'd be interesting to know how your car's computer mileage estimates compares to your mileage estimates.
I'll check my mileage once I start driving her.

So all you folks have the 5-speed? That's what I wanted to get. The one good thing about the auto is that I can get a remote start put in which will be nice when my car has been sitting out all night or day in the frigid winter temps.

screamin' demon
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
dibbasota,

Maybe, if most of your driving is city. Give it a whirl and shift sooner...

zaskarmark
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I got a five-speed in mine. My comp.'s estimate is within 1/2 mpg of my calculations. I'm just a surprised as anyone else at my mpg's. But, don't look a gift horse....
...on another note, I just put OEM splash guards and blue foot lights on today. I've never tricked any vehicle I've ever owned before...mid-life crisis...nahhh...
Suby Fever...

screamin' demon
04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
zaskarmark wrote:

...on another note, I just put OEM splash guards and blue foot lights on today.

So what exactly are "foot lights"?? Fog lights :)

My only mods will be a much needed stereo upgrade.

dibbasota
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I think the foot light are just that...the light underneath near the brakes where your feet are.

No joke, the stereo is awful. 10 speakers???...a total joke.

screamin' demon
04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Oh okay, so in other words foot lights = ambient lighting. I was surprised to find out that our head unit is actually made by Clarion but the sound qualiy stil leaves alot to be desired. I think a good set of component speakers up front and probably an amp will do wonders...

dibbasota
04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Screamin', if and when you do upgrade your speakers, let us know how it sounds. I am seriously considering upgrading as well.

SIOS2010
04-15-2010, 11:05 AM
That's cool that you are thinking about replacing your speakers, cause I'm thinking about doing the same...especially, since I've on had my car for a little more than a month, and my passengers door speaker kinda sounds like it's cracked already (and no I haven't been listening to my music that loud either). Overall, I think that the sound quality of the speakers could be better.
Besides speakers upgrades, I'm also going to paint my calipers red (which will look cool with my black car), Tint the windows, remove the annoying "Airbag Warning" stickers off the sunvisors, get HID headlights, and get a bug deflector for the hood to protect it from rock chips.

zaskarmark
04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah...I'm in for new speakers too. My wife drove the car today, and her exact words we're, " your speakers blow ". That just about caps it for me. Anyone have any upgrade suggestions ? ie; speakers brand, amplifier, sub etc.
This weeks mpg...30.3mpg. Got the first oil change, let's see what mpg will be now.

dibbasota
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I have been shifting early (per a suggestion earlier in this forum thread, thanks screamin' demon) and I reset my "trip A" on my odometer to see the actual MPG. Now I am getting 29 MPG. It's awesome. Shifting early makes a huge difference. I'm driving like an old Granny, but I'm seeing much much better gas mileage. I have always been used to a heavy lead foot and shifting late.

zaskarmark
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Good for you 'dibbasota'. Staying out of the power band above 2500rpm can net a significant fuel savings. I've been doing it in manual shift vehicles for years with great results. My 1997 Mazda 626...33-34mpg avg. My 1991 Honda Civic 41mpg avg ! Boy, I miss that car.
I have a friend who also drives a Subaru like mine. He's been getting low 20's mpg. He rockets off the line and shifts very late. Oh well, if you're willing to pay the price,( to Iraq ), go ahead. In the future I'm looking into an HHO system for my Suby. ( HHO- hydrogen gas generator to supplement mpg's even more ) It has the capacity to increase mpg's to over 40mpg !
Happy Trails...

jakyandy
05-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank you for your article!

screamin' demon
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm curious, do you have a stick or auto tranny? I'm surprised to see that the others who posted on this thread have the 5-speed. Subie needs to get with the program and offer a 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission.

Also, you mentioned that you were going to upgrade to HID headlights. Are you going to install the real deal or the ever popular knock-offs?

speedracr79
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Well, I don't doubt your math Zaskarmark, but it'd be interesting to know how your car's computer mileage estimates compares to your mileage estimates.
I'll check my mileage once I start driving her.

So all you folks have the 5-speed? That's what I wanted to get. The one good thing about the auto is that I can get a remote start put in which will be nice when my car has been sitting out all night or day in the frigid winter temps.

i know this thread is dead but im bringing it back to life... i just bought a 08 OBS this past saturday and we love it its fun to drive and sporty looking. we also got the automatic i would have perfered a 5spd too...but you can have a remote start in a 5spd my other car is a 5spd mazda and i had a remote start on it i took of the alarm was having problems with it and my car turns on now w/o the clutch because we by passed it.

jannypana
05-28-2011, 04:21 AM
I purchased a new 2010 Scoob 2010 Impreza Outback Sport in February.

screamin' demon
06-02-2011, 03:37 PM
jannypana,

Congrats on your purchase! Sounds like a good find considering that the 2012 models are already out or will be out before too long. Hope you got a good deal.

brandonmillsap
01-06-2012, 02:57 AM
The 1997 mazda 626 is one of my favorite cars of all-time because it is highly efficient and easy to maintain. I have never had any trouble locating for affordable mazda 626 parts (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/models/mazda~626~makemodel.html).

zaskarmark
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
brandon...one of my favorite autos ever was my 1998 Mazda 626. Great mileage, low maintenance. Wish I still had it instead of a car payment but I'm lovin' my Suby!