PDA

View Full Version : best way for horse power subaru impreza rs2.5?

jools4fools
11-22-2007, 09:39 PM
i have a 01 subaru impreza rs 2.5 and i wanted to know what gives the most power up grade did plugs and wires what next?

peter_gol
11-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Air intake and low flow exhaust system. Needs to breathe first then reprogram your power chip in computer module. Need more power then add a supercharger.

LawnboyLuna
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
um I would first change the air intake and exaust then you should chip it to extract more horse power then you could get a turbo or super charger

HaoleBoy
12-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Cold air Intake.

subaruroadrunner911
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
dont go with the cold air cause if you live in an area with a lot of water and you go over a big enough puddle and the intake sucks in water...well there goes your engine!!

Sti Guy
08-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Yes get an intake and an exhaust. Then get yourself into tuning the car. Afterwords get yourself into suspension upgrades.

street_racer_271
08-13-2010, 08:49 PM
and after intake, exhaust and tune? would it be cheaper/better to just get an sti swap?

apsolus
09-16-2010, 07:28 PM
your not gonna get any power with plugs and wires, or intake systems or exhausts, i know thisfor a fact. anyone think im wrong fine. your engine will only take in as much air as the engine can! adding a 6 in intake tube wont get any more air in the engine, infact it will slow down the intake velocity therefore hurting torque and quite possible not getting you any horsepower increase either. the only way to make bolt ons work is making the engine itself more efficent increasing port flow in the heads, forced induction, nitrous. cold air systems arent cold air systems at all they feed you hot air right off the steaming hot roads. short ram also feeds your engine hot air fromt the engine bay. sorry for the bad news but its true. oh and i did some computer tuning and it is a way to actually make some mods work and increase power gains are minmal and cost is high 500 dollars for 15 horsepower? haha i think the most cost effective way to get power is nitrous. but you gotta tune for it. speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

Ego4sho
10-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Let her breath!!!!

intake, exhaust, if you want some hp quick you may have to dish out for a turbo or subercharger. With this you can increase power a lot, don't tune until after you boost it because tunes are pretty expensive especially if you only have bolt ons.

Rally Noob
08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
dont go with the cold air cause if you live in an area with a lot of water and you go over a big enough puddle and the intake sucks in water...well there goes your engine!!
Glad I decided against getting one seeing it rains quite a bit here.

LouisVuiHabaUK
09-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the links, I'll read them on my lunch break. I haven't heard much about whats coming.