PDA

View Full Version : Help, another EVAP Code 440

dbwhiteman1
03-04-2010, 08:01 AM
I have replace the Fuel filler neck, gas cap and the valve as well as the hoses on my 99 Outback legacy wagon. They were badly rusted and needed to be replaced, but I still get an occaisional evap code. It happens on the highway when the fuel gets down to about 1/4 tank. I'm going to replace all the rubber hoses this spring to try to fix the problem. Is there anything else I should look for? Should I spring for a smoke test? Thanks

Cheapjerseys
03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
We ordered my son this Buffalo Bills (Donte) football jersey (http://www.jerseyshop4u.com/NFL-Jerseys) for Christmas. He loves it. The shirt is high quality and was just what I was hoping for. I paid a little less than I would have at the mall, but with the free shipping I still came out ahead. I'll continue to order on jerseyshop4u

benjar
04-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Do charcoal cannisters go bad? Mines got a filter type deal with the hose entering it. Never been replaced at 160K. Gas cap might not be tight enough, heard of that being the culprit for a few people.

dbwhiteman1
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
My daughter just totalled her car. Fortunatly she is OK. We'll never know what caused that last 0440 code. I hope I can get another good Sub for 4K.