PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Subaru Legacy LS AWD

snakekiller
02-09-2010, 05:42 AM
hey guys i just bought a 1993 suburu legacy
its in good condition 150k miles, the exhaust gasket is burning oil when i push the engine hard
but over al condition is good

the engine performs very well, i never thought i would be in love with a 4 cylinder
but man this 2.2L boxer engine is great, this thing hals ass!

well i wanted to ask a few questions to those who own one or have experience with this type of engine's and drivetrain's

1. i cant get the adjustable hight to work , might it be that the don't work?
2. what kind of mods respond well with this type of engine?
3. does this have symmetrical AWD?
4. about how much does gasket work cost?
5. where is the engine oil drain bolt located?(my dad thought it needed oil and overfilled the oil)

il have pics later, and thank you for your responds :)

lorensson
03-14-2010, 04:49 AM
hey guys i just bought a 1993 suburu legacy
its in good condition 150k miles, the exhaust gasket is burning oil when i push the engine hard
but over al condition is good

the engine performs very well, i never thought i would be in love with a 4 cylinder
but man this 2.2L boxer engine is great, this thing hals ass!

well i wanted to ask a few questions to those who own one or have experience with this type of engine's and drivetrain's

1. i cant get the adjustable hight to work , might it be that the don't work?
2. what kind of mods respond well with this type of engine?
3. does this have symmetrical AWD?
4. about how much does gasket work cost?
5. where is the engine oil drain bolt located?(my dad thought it needed oil and overfilled the oil)

il have pics later, and thank you for your responds :)

1. if you have the adjustment knob for the headlights, then perhaps the servo is busted, or the headlights have been replaced with non-adjustable ones (quote common in the legacy world)
2. there's not much you can do to the 2.2 because it's non-turbo. But the basics are a.) hi-flow air filter, b.) cat-back exhaust, c.) remap ECU, d.) stainless headers, e.) bore out cylanders
3.) this leggy is not full-time symmetrical, i believe that 80% power is up-front, and 20% at rear, and when needed, it will adjust itself up to 50/50 according to slippage etc
4. don't know sorry! There are lots of gaskets you'd have to be more specific
5. that would be under the engine

best of luck and let us know how you get on