PDA

View Full Version : 96' subie b-day

bikermaniac101
01-28-2010, 11:20 PM
1996 Subaru Impreza Outback 2.2L automatic transmission AWD

Ok, my subie is old, she's bout to hit 200,000 miles, but i still drive it like i stole it, just the way it should be driven. Anyways, i've recently replaced all the brake pads myself, flushed the whole brake system, and replaced the brake booster after it failed. Now i'm having ignition problems, the battery is brand new but sometimes i'll turn the key and theres just a click and nothing. I've been trying to troubleshoot it but haven't been able to find any probable solutions. I've got a manual, not a haynes, but its a little bit of a help.

So we have tested it, itl turn on in park and neutral like its supposed to, but its random when it doesn't turn on. The radio and lights and instrument lights all work and all the beeps or signal sounds work as well every time i turn the key to the on position. So i'm looking for something that has to do with the car starting, not necessarily the alternator or the starter cuz both work fine when it actually starts. Is there a solenoid in the starter that could be failing? An electrical switch thats not connecting? We looked in the manual and it was very vague about troubleshooting and possibilities. I'd appreciate all the help i can get, thanks ya'll!!