PDA

View Full Version : Radio is draining my battery, Impreza 2004 2.5



Michele B
01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
The light in my radio is staying on all the time. When the car is off, the display light is on. it is draining my battery. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it.
Thanks
Michele

SoobieNoobie
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Might be a wiring problem.

SubaruDrifter
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi There it does sound as if you have a short circuit. it could be dirt in ignition switch causing it not to full switch off
it could be the radio check to see if radio causing fault. put ignition on then sidelight make sure radio is completely off take out key if buzzer works fault is in radio.
if still same locate radio fuse and take out repeat procedure. if still fault it could be faulty buzzer unit shortening out. or it could be a simple wire fault. Another cause could be immobiliser, if you have done what i recommended and fault still there it would need to be checked out by qualified person it could cost a bit as it might be a case of illuminating circuits one by one. i suggest as it is not an important fault i would personally live with it.