PDA

View Full Version : new owner need some help

chris102185
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
so i just bought a 1992 subaru gl wagen it has a 1.8 and it needs timeing belts, im a verry proud volkswagen owner and no stranger under the hood of a car but never worked on a subaro before and have no idea whare to get parts or tips on how to fix if any one can shed a little light that would be great

paul-legacy gt
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
so i just bought a 1992 subaru gl wagen it has a 1.8 and it needs timeing belts, im a verry proud volkswagen owner and no stranger under the hood of a car but never worked on a subaro before and have no idea whare to get parts or tips on how to fix if any one can shed a little light that would be great

Hi, not sure where you live but best bet for any bit's just try the internet as you get better deals

chris102185
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
yea i figured but what are some good more well known web sights for subaru

paul-legacy gt
01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
yea i figured but what are some good more well known web sights for subaru

Try jap-parts as they offer good deals but if your in the uk then you could find someone with a trade account at Eurocar parts as they do me some of the best deals going

Regarding jap-parts just type that in on Google and bob's your uncle

Hope this helps:D

New Subaru Fan
01-08-2010, 07:17 AM

Yeh, to find the parts shouldn't be an issue. I also replaced the idlers, the tensioner and the water pump while repolacing the belt. If you also want to do it, get a timing belt kit (for example on eBay?). Check also this one out:
http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113723

bredzy
01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
HI. i am a newbie here and i dont know how to create a new post so i am posting a reply to this. I am searching for an Outer CV joint on a Subaru M80. Anyone with information as to where i purchase this online i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

greattik
02-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Yeah,to find the parts shouldn't be an issue do some search on net.Regarding parts just type that in Google.

bredzy
02-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Yeah,to find the parts shouldn't be an issue do some search on net.Regarding parts just type that in Google.

Hey, thanks for replying. Believe me, i have searched and searched and searched. I am thinking since this is a 1989 vehicle then parts are no longer manufactured, i would have to search at some wreck yard to get it. If anyone finds anything i would be very grateful!. Thanks again.