PDA

View Full Version : 95 Legacy cruise control

chris_price2200
01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I just want to start by saying I dont understand much about cars, so hopfully there is an easy solution to my question. I have a 95 Legacy L wagon. I bought it about 5 years ago. Since day 1 the cruise control hasn't worked. I push the button, and the light comes on. But nothing happens except for a faint "click" noise on the passenger side of the dash somewheres. I never drive far in the car, so never had the need to really use it. But this summer I plan on going to Ottawa (1500km away), and thought it would be nice to have this working. Any help would be good. Even just somthing maybe I could sujest the garage to try.

darksouldbeing
01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
i just bought a 94 legacy. it is a manual. i had to play with the cruse on it for a bit to figure it out. try pushing the button, then cancel 1 to 3 times, then set. you should do this with the trigger on the steering wheel. if it does not work the first time, try several more times, just make shure that there is no one behind you. note, after you set it it may have some speed lag, so you may lose some speed before it kicks in. i generally lose 5 to 10 mph. also, make shure that your feet are no where near the clutch or brake, as not to mistakenly hit or hold them. this is my experience, so it may not work for you, but is a starting grounds. good luck and drive safe.