PDA

View Full Version : b9 tribeca problems

dwa27yne
12-26-2009, 12:22 AM
My 2006 b9 Tribeca has 3 lights that keep coming on at the same time:
1.cruise
2.check engine
3.traction
This has happened at least ten times. Each time it happens I bring the truck to the Subaru dealership but nothing is found wrong and they simply clear the lights. Anyone else have this problem? I'm tired of this and can't get it
corrected.

96outbacksti
12-26-2009, 01:03 AM
dude, i would try a different dealership, sounds like there giving you the run around. if you don't have another dealership close than i would call Subaru of America and and complain about the horrible service you've got, they will call the dealer and get the problem resolved. did you have any type of service done before this problem started, like a trans replace?

dwa27yne
12-28-2009, 12:29 AM
96outbacksti, Actually I was planning on doing just that Monday morning. I will call Subaru and proceed from that point. There is another Subaru delaership that is about 50 miles from my home, as opposed to where I bought this vehicle which is about 25 miles. And I have not had any problems with this vehicle or anything replaced.

richardmatty9
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I think To remove light bulb from Tribeca B9 low beam simply 1) remove outer cap, 2) reach into round cavity holding bulb and disconnect two leads, 3) then press on one end of wire clip--the one with the larger bracket (use mirror to view then go by feel) and while pressing on wire move outward away from bracket and clip will swing up and out of the way while being held from falling away by screw on other side of bulb socket. 4) pull bulb out noting that there is a tang which goes back in the same location. Driver side is easier if you remove battery. Other side only requires you remove air intake vent to air box ----- two pop-outs hold it in. Do not take the front end of the car off or light unit out as suggested above.

Richardmatty9
BMW Accessories (http://www.bmwpartswheels.com/bmw-accessories-193)

97 impreza me
06-11-2010, 11:23 AM
The cruise and traction lights will come on whith the Check engine light. It disables the cruise and traction when it sees problems with the engine to prevent further problems. The best thing to do is to try to bring it in to the dealer when the problem is actuall occuring even without an appt. They should be able to check it real quick and make sure you leave it running so they cansee it and the code will be set current.