PDA

View Full Version : is an impreza for legacy right for me?

Mrtube
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Subaru but am not sure on a few things. My driving habbits can be a bit harsh. I've been driving a 92 chevy c-2500 pickup with 350SBC + 5spd manual for 6 years now. at 226K miles so far.

I take pride in maintaining my vehicles, I usually run mobile 1 full synthetic + a mobile 1 or k&n oil filter, + plenty of cleaning and chassis lubing when necessary.

the way I am abusive is I'll very often use every bit of power I can get out of the engine, weather driving from light to light in city traffic, or flying through the mountains in PA. I'm looking for a daily driver that has quality AWD for bad weather and gets decent MPG which all the Subarus seem to. But I also don't want something I'm going to be repairing all the time.

I'm thinking a used Impreza RS or a Legacy with the 6cyl. I've got a feeling a turbo setup is a bad idea for me and probably won't hold up for 100-200K

how do these cars hold up overall? transmissions solid and reliable? engines solid?
I can do automatic or manual, Probably will look for manual.

with the normal non turbo Impreza 2.5 Is it a real dog? or still pretty fun to drive? I'm gonna assume it should easily be faster then my almost 6000lb truck.

stigircub
12-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Subaru but am not sure on a few things. My driving habbits can be a bit harsh. I've been driving a 92 chevy c-2500 pickup with 350SBC + 5spd manual for 6 years now. at 226K miles so far.

I take pride in maintaining my vehicles, I usually run mobile 1 full synthetic + a mobile 1 or k&n oil filter, + plenty of cleaning and chassis lubing when necessary.

the way I am abusive is I'll very often use every bit of power I can get out of the engine, weather driving from light to light in city traffic, or flying through the mountains in PA. I'm looking for a daily driver that has quality AWD for bad weather and gets decent MPG which all the Subarus seem to. But I also don't want something I'm going to be repairing all the time.

I'm thinking a used Impreza RS or a Legacy with the 6cyl. I've got a feeling a turbo setup is a bad idea for me and probably won't hold up for 100-200K

how do these cars hold up overall? transmissions solid and reliable? engines solid?
I can do automatic or manual, Probably will look for manual.

with the normal non turbo Impreza 2.5 Is it a real dog? or still pretty fun to drive? I'm gonna assume it should easily be faster then my almost 6000lb truck.

kloforest
12-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Impreza for legacy ?
These cars are different, so it's your decision

Mrtube
12-10-2009, 07:30 AM
wow, 2 replies. one that has a paste of something I said. And another that completely does not answer a single question I asked.

Amazing.

Crzylegs
12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I had a 1997 Legacy 2.5GT and I have pretty much the same driving habits and I had a lot of fun in it. I had to sell it though and I'm looking for a new car and I don't know whether now to get another Legacy 2.5GT, an Impreza 2.5RS, or a WRX. But I absolutly have nothing to complain about the Legacy.