PDA

View Full Version : 96 legacy need help wont shift

RYANCrotty
12-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I am new to subarus but not forums, i believe there is a great deal of knowledge to be gained from the community so thanks in advance, my girlfriend has a 96 legacy and it wont shit out of park...you can let it warm up for about 20 min and then fiddle with it for a while and it will eventually go in to gear. i tried searching and all i came up with is check some fuses that deal with the brakes. it just seems like it is locked out ... thanks again any help would be great

toddvin
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Ive got a 97 outback and i had a problem resently where it would not shift orut of 2nd or third...turned out to need a tranny flush.

Not sure if this helps but I thought i needed a new tranny...instead it was a $100 tranny clean and flush...

Good luck.

OutBackDrift
01-01-2010, 05:52 PM
ahhh same thing was happening to me for a while... look down at your shifter. take off the plastic whether its woodgrain or w/e take that off than look towards the top where the plastic was there will be a small hole (round) stick a pen or something small like that town there and it will allow it to unlock. its the reset for the tranny shifter. hope this helps