PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: subaru project car

ScoobieFamIL
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I have a 1980 Datsun 280ZX 2+2, n/a, 5spd that i have sunk too much $$$ in. Most recently a brand new MSD fuel pump. Then, i found out that the fuel tank was rotted and now it just sits. So, if im going to spend anymore $$ it will be on a subaru. I bought an 04 Forester and my wife and i love it!!! however having 1 working car is killing us so if you've got a subaru in need of some TLC, ive got a Z in need of a fuel cell/tank.

joedapper@gmail.com

cyanemi
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
To preface I'm not sure what kind of project you wanted to get into.I have a 1998 Subaru Impreza wagon with 252,000 miles on it. It has been a fantastic car. Currently it is not shifting and the problem is some clip under the hood that is broken. This diagnosis came from a non-mechanic. I really have no inclination to tow it and get it fixed. I hardly drove it this whole year. I just bought a Honda Element. If someone wants to tow it they can have it for free. There is a little rust and a dent in the front right corner panel from a deer. The hatchback has a problem with the lock.There is also a definite dog smell inside. The engine is good and I've had not other problems except a left wheel bearing that was fixed, the motor on the back wipers and an oil crank case. I am the original owner. Most of the miles were freeway miles. The car runs great it is just not going into gear at the moment. I would hate to scrap a perfectly good running car. The color is green.

ScoobieFamIL
07-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Any kind of Subaru project is fine by me! This kind of sounds too good to be true. I'm a paycheck away from getting my truck running so i would be able to tow it after that and some tires, so the shortest amount of time before i could even come get it is early August. The only problem is your possible distance from me. Where are you located? I would need to make sure that the truck can make it there and back. If all that looks do-able then I would love to take you up on this and get one more Subaru on the road! Also, would it be possible to get some pics? my email address is joedapper@gmail.com

Here are some technical questions:

When you say it isn't shifting, is this an auto or manual? and by oil crank case are you referring to the oil pan? What happened that it needed to be replaced? Everything else is just details.

Thanks!

coupedeville59
10-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I have a 96 outback with 131,000 miles. It needs a head gasket and it is deeper than I want to go into it. I am in southern maryland if interested.

milfer1
12-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Subaru is a very good car and it is good you have this car