PDA

View Full Version : labor rate for timming belt 2000 legacy

lortech
11-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Looking for alternatives to Real time Automotive expert for my labor rate guide. Trying it out at the moment and it just expired.

I have a timming belt and water pump on a 2000 legacy that will need to be replaced and need the labor time to change the belt, the water pump and pullies.

Also, does the crank pully require a heavy impact wrench to remove the main bolt? I have a tire version impact wrench that is in need of rebuiling so, dont want to dive in and get stuck. If it does, what the max length of impact wrench to use on crank pully? Dont want to pull radiator or ac condensor if possible.

lortech

Strut Mcphearson
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Labor time at our shop is 4.0 hours for a t-belt and water pump. The easiest way to remove the crank bolt is with a 3' breaker bar and put it on the bolt then rest the bar on the frame in front of the battery, then turn the key and the starter motor will break it loose. i've done this 100's of times on Subaru's
Strut

lortech
11-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Why not put a socket on the crank bolt and attach a long handle breaker bar and rest it on the frame?

Your idea does not seem to make sense. Perhaps clarifying it would help.

Strut Mcphearson
11-23-2009, 09:26 AM
The breaker bar resting on the frame-then when you turn the key to start the torque of the starter will loosen the bolt.
Have a nice day