View Full Version : ABS light and Check Engine light flashing together

angelajoy
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Subaru legacy wagan lx '03
about 100k miles
check engine light has been on
now abs is on
together they flash periodically
*check engine light came on in july for O2 sensors, I had them replace but light kept coming back on, mechanic told me the sensors worked but the computer or electrical reading was malfunctioning???
anyone else have the abs and check engine lights flash together??
Anyone else have the computer scan read for O2 sensors then fix them and have the light come back on??
Help!!!

Additional new info:
The code coming up is P030, and I was told that is for my o2 sensors and a history code. Another interesting observation I made while driving is when I turn on the blinker the lights for the check engine and abs start to flash in sync with the blinker rhythm BUT then when I turn off the blinker the lights all stop flashing. The lights flash periodically on their own still but I felt like that was odd to be able control the flashing with the blinker. do you have any idea what that could be linked with?? Does it sound all electrical and like the lights might be bogus?? I was also advice to go to a subaru dealership and get a more advanced diagnostic ran??

Strut Mcphearson
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
I would need to know what codes you are getting from the abs and ecm computers.
Might be a speed sensor problem

angelajoy
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I would need to know what codes you are getting from the abs and ecm computers.
Might be a speed sensor problem

The code coming up is P030, and I was told that is for my o2 sensors and a history code. Another interesting observation I made while driving is when I turn on the blinker the lights for the check engine and abs start to flash in sync with the blinker rhythm BUT then when I turn off the blinker the lights all stop flashing. The lights flash periodically on their own still but I felt like that was odd to be able control the flashing with the blinker. do you have any idea what that could be linked with?? Does it sound all electrical and like the lights might be bogus?? I was also advice to go to a subaru dealership and get a more advanced diagnostic ran??