PDA

View Full Version : Locating/fixing oil leak, part question

Kwhistle
11-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Hello from a new member.

I bought an old Legacy Outback a few days ago... the car was way cheap, and for a good reason... started chocking on my way home, engine light went on. To say that people I bought it from didn't take a good care of it would be an understatement.

Anyway, after putting in some Shell premium gas and changing the air filter, the car started driving better, no more choking. I checked the oil just in case, and it was below the low mark, so I added a quart, and most of the problems seemed to resolved. Yesterday was changing an air filter, and noticed an oil leak.

So finally to the questions. It seems to be leaking from above. There is a part on the front of the engine, looks like an oxygen sensor, and the oil seems to be leaking from where it is sitting in the engine. It's towards the front, on the passenger side, to the back of the radiator. The problem is, I'm not familiar with Subarus and can't figure out what it is or how to approach fixing it. From googling it I understand it's not one of the oxygen sensors, but I can't find good pictures or diagrams that would point out what it is. I don't have a camera at the moment, and unfortunately can't take pictures, but would really appreciate if anyone could give some suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
K

Strut Mcphearson
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Oil pressure switch