PDA

View Full Version : I have a 1996 wrx Subaru hatch I'm looking to get more power out of but not sure how to go about it any ideas

Sammy
11-24-2007, 06:36 AM
I have a 1996 wrx Subaru hatch I'm looking to get more power out of but not sure how to go about it any ideas

wrx580
11-25-2007, 11:25 AM
take it to the dudes on mythbusters so they can strap some solid rocket boosters on the roof. take it to the desert and rip.

Th3On3NOnLy
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
ya could do that or you could import some scooby parts from japan such as full sti exhaurst. not only sonds good but will ad you hp and fuel management systems are always good from japan and they will fit you scooby.

UCANTCME9215
11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Not sure where you're from however,There alot of after market bolt on parts that will all make improvements of varying degrees. Your budget is the most important thing though.For my money the first thing and the cheapest are exhaust mods and air intake mods. A mandrell bent exhaust will set you back than standard bends but will give you more improvement. Replace the standard air intake with a more free flowing ram or pod style filter system. Next would be an aftermarket engine management system. The benefits here are being able to extract every last HP across the range and the ability to reprogram it with the addition of future mods.Lastly, biggger turbo. Here's when you need to stop and think though, is it a daily driver or do you just want down right brute HP. Big turbo means more lag and POS to drive around town but there is a happy medium.So it really depends on your wallet.Godd luck, don't hold back, you'll love it!