PDA

View Full Version : What to do when the faulty party's insurance won't call me back!?

gnulove2
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I was involved in an accident OVER 3 weeks ago. It took me exactly 3 weeks to get the faulty party's insurance to call me back. (This was a 3 car pile up and I was the only one not at fault = in the front). He was short with me and pretty much a dick and wanted me to do everything his way.I have an 03 Subaru WRX and it needs loving car at a decent body shop-- not just "Jose's Civic Body Work".So my car is having issues in the front now (not where the main damage was). Some people are telling me it is related to the accident, and others think it is unrelated, and maybe I hit a pothole or something.So I need a rental car either way so I can get to school and back next week. How do I call the other party's insurance and tell them they need to foot the bill for a rental. I'm angry they havent called back when they *all but signed their life away* to me to call. So now I think its time I take control of the wheel.What do I say to this guy when I call in order to get at least a rental.

QueenB
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
do you have full coverage on YOUR auto policy? if so, file the claim under your own policy. they will pay everything minus your ded and get you a rental car if you have that coverage. then they will turn around and go after the at fault parties company to recoup the money from teh claim. its the best and easiest way to handle this. you pay your insurance company to help with these things!

buda
01-24-2008, 04:06 AM
well done queen b her answer is what you need to do...

LawnboyLuna
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Sounds like the adjuster was having a bad day. Do you know for sure if this particular carrier is accepting 100% of the damage? Who has inspected your vehicle? Have you been paid for any of the damage yet? Has the vehicle been repaired? If your vehicle is not drivable, you are entitled to a rental vehicle.However, if your vehicle is not drivable because of the front end damage which is still under dispute as to whether or not it is related, I would not count on reimbursement of the rental quite yet. If it turns out that the front end damage was related, then the insurance company will reimburse you for the rental. You shouldn't have to "bite your tongue" when dealing with the claims rep, but do your best not to lose your cool. If you are not satisfied with his explanation or attitude, ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor will offer you an explanation and/or assistance and deal with the claims rep.

UCANTCME
01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Just turn everything over to your insurance company, that is what they are for and what you are paying for as well.

AMANDAR
01-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Probably best to do some homework about your confusing area.Here is a great start point.http://lifeinsurance.online-helpers.info/addwords-cheap-insurance-life-term.html