PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

M3chaser
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey guys I am new here and just wanted to say hey. I personally don't have a Subie, but my girlfriend( soon to be fiance) is looking to get one so I am looking to learn a bit about them.

Don't worry I will search and try not to ask to many silly questions. I will exhaust the threads here before I ask any questions unless I get desperate.

I personally have a 2000 M Coupe which I love a whole lot. I do all my own work on the car and just recently had the subframe out of the car to install better bushings so that was fun.

Anyways, hopefully I can learn a bit here and I will try not to be too much of a menace for you all!

Cheers!

Administrator
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks for posting and introducing. We won't gripe on you too hard here, ask your questions......

What type of subie is your gf interested in?

M3chaser
05-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for posting and introducing. We won't gripe on you too hard here, ask your questions......

What type of subie is your gf interested in?

She is looking at the WRX. She really doesn't want anything else besides the WRX sedan, but I am warming her up to the wagon as well.

Administrator
05-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Either one will do, just depends on taste. I like the sedan, mainly cause of the looks....

2001LegGT
10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Just purchased a 2006 WRX (gotta change my tag). Man what a car, VERY quick. I sold my 2001 Lgcy GT after both wheel bearings (Right) went south and I just rolled over 240,000 hard Kms.

If you buy used make sure it was not a tuner car.

They are quick and very tight steering. If you can stay off the gas they are not bad on gas. Repairs are pricey and they do burn a bit of (synthetic) oil (Turbo) but its all well worth it.

A set of snowies is not a bad idea if you live in such a climate