PDA

View Full Version : is a subaru a relieable car.?

wrx580
11-06-2007, 06:21 AM
i wanted to get a honda civi si but than relized the new wrx has way more horse power. but honda's are garenteed to not brake down for a long time. is a subaru any where near relieable

QueenB
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Subaru makes a fantastic car. You made a good choice and it is all wheel drive.

Somethingtotry
11-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I know of lots of Subarus with over 200,000 miles. I still say BUY AMERICAN.

Type-R
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
The reliability ratings on Subarus is very high.They have very strong engines, and as you noted more horse power.Which leads some of them to be raced. So if you're looking at a new Subaru, go for it. They are very good cars.If you're looking at a used one, use caution, because if it was raced, the engine could be worn.The vehicles are also AWD vehciles. One thing that Subaru promotes on all their vehicles to ensure stability and control. However, being AWD all the time, typically does affect the fuel economy, which is lower than most comparable hondas.Another thing to note, is most Subarus use a boxer style engine, as opposed to an inline engine. These engines can be mounted lower giving the car a lower center of gravity, and more stability, especially during cornering.Reliability ratings can be found here:http://autos.msn.com/home/reliability_ratings.aspx

Sammy
11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
The reliability ratings on Subarus is very high.They have very strong engines, and as you noted more hjavascript:void(0);Check Spellingorse power.Which leads some of them to be raced. So if you're looking at a new Subaru, go for it. They are very good cars.If you're looking at a used one, use caution, because if it was raced, the engine could be worn.Reliability ratings can be found here:

UCANTCME9215
11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Any car can be a reliable car if you maintain it. the only difference from the Honda is the Honda can take a beating before it breaks and if your worried about horsepower get the Subaru it will beat the Honda any day.

Type-R
11-09-2007, 08:27 AM
both are reasonably reliable...butwith a used car... its only as good as the maintenance it has had..check it out before you buy it...

UCANTCME9215
11-09-2007, 08:48 PM
they must be reliable, you see alot of mail carriers drive them and i see alot of them on the road.