PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l engine

freakshow
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I am thinking of buying a WRX is the 2.0L engine a good engine?What is the life expectancy of the 2.0L?How does the 2.0L compare to the 2.5L?Thanks for the help!

Administrator
04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
If you have the cash to burn, get the 2.5 ltr. They have a catless uppy, and will serve you better in the long run. They also come with 4pot brakes, which a lot of 2.0 ltr drivers add to their cars anyway. Costing more money!

That is just my opinion. I personally own a 2.0 ltr. I love the car........but there are also things that come with a 4 year old car. A 2.0 ltr will save you some cash, but you might just end up spending the cash getting the car up to par with a 2.5 ltr motor and drive train.

MindzEyeWRX02
04-18-2008, 08:02 PM
The 2.0L engine will last a very long time just as long as you maintain the car. I've seen people boosting 20+ psi on the 2.0l block.

The EJ257 STi 2.5L shortblock has stronger internals then the 2.0L. And you'll be able to boost a lot more on that block.

I would have gotten an sti or a wrx with a 2.5L block like the 07s, but i love the look of the bugeye the most, so i'm just converting everything. I already have my 2.5L shortblock in, just need to do the 6speed swap and so i can get a bigger turbo on there and not worry about breaking my tranny.

goodluck

Administrator
04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the input mindz, I see where you are coming from!

I also like the looks of the bugeye. I have one with 140,00 on the ODO, and it is still kicking strong!

MindzEyeWRX02
04-19-2008, 02:17 AM
no prob fish.

i do feel you on ending up spending more money trying to get the car into sti range. lol. i'd save more money getting an 07 sti and doing a bugeye front end conversion... still thinking of doing that and maybe parting out the 02, or just keep the 02 and wait for a forester sti.:eek:

mc_001
04-26-2008, 05:47 PM
If you have the cash to burn, get the 2.5 ltr. They have a catless uppy, and will serve you better in the long run. They also come with 4pot brakes, which a lot of 2.0 ltr drivers add to their cars anyway. Costing more money!

That is just my opinion. I personally own a 2.0 ltr. I love the car........but there are also things that come with a 4 year old car. A 2.0 ltr will save you some cash, but you might just end up spending the cash getting the car up to par with a 2.5 ltr motor and drive train.

Listen to him, he's right. But MindzEyeWRX02 having seen people run 20 PSI on the 2.0L was probably talking about me, and that is a very bad idea. Finally blew the motor and had to swap to an STI 2.5L And they ain't cheap. Saves you alot in the long run going with the STI. But hey, we got, what we got, and we love, what we love. Good luck with yours.

dave99
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Listen to him, he's right. But MindzEyeWRX02 having seen people run 20 PSI on the 2.0L was probably talking about me, and that is a very bad idea. Finally blew the motor and had to swap to an STI 2.5L And they ain't cheap. Saves you alot in the long run going with the STI. But hey, we got, what we got, and we love, what we love. Good luck with yours.

i did the same thing run 20 psi but mine add 220.000 ks on it and blow the motor i was thing of putting a ej20 twin turbo out of a librety i know it will bolt up just dont know if the rest will like gearbox