PDA

View Full Version : bogged down

redovermind
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
hey hope one of you can help

got a 99 outback limited. it seems when i hit the gas from a stop the engine sputters/ hesitate. it feels like there is no power at all for about 1-2 seconds. the car had a tune up not to long ago. could it be a senser.

ill be glad to answer any questions just ask

thanks
brian

Scorpion8
08-25-2009, 01:07 AM
hey hope one of you can help

got a 99 outback limited. it seems when i hit the gas from a stop the engine sputters/ hesitate. it feels like there is no power at all for about 1-2 seconds. the car had a tune up not to long ago. could it be a senser.

ill be glad to answer any questions just ask. thanks brian

Is the Check-Engine-Light (CEL) on? Any codes? Have you replaced the fuel filter recently? Possible issues are clogged injectors (cheap answer - run a few bottles of fuel injector cleaner thru the system) or old spark plugs due for replacement that can handle normnal running just fine but not transient loads. Does it also do it at speed if you're driving (say, 35mph) and punch the throttle do you get the same hesitation or immediate response?

DabRain
09-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Check the sensor on the throttle body. I fiddled with mine and got the same symptoms and had to reset it. If it has moved you should see paint marks that don't line up.