PDA

View Full Version : 03 Sport Air Filter

NCSubaru
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Iím looking for any tips in replacing the air filter on my 03 Outback Sport. I removed the retaining bolt and unfastened the three retaining clips, but I still can not maneuver the casing enough to remove the air filter. Iím assuming that the air filter placement is similar in most Impreza modes (except WRX). Does anyone have any tips?

Administrator
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, I think it is similar to the WRX......

I have quite a trouble replacing mine sometimes also. You need to undue all the clips, they are just the pull off type. Then the lid should come up just enough to pull the old and replace with the new.

Hope this helps!

rutech
07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Well if you have three clips holding the filter case on than the case is mounted at the back of the engine. The WRX has the filter on the front passenger side near the fender but it only has two clips with no bolt. I know the feeling too, it is the hard line for the A/C that is making it hard. Basically you have to push the top of the filter case twards the back of the car, you have to push pretty hard but you can get it back far enough to get the filter out. another option is to take the other bolt off, the one on the passenger side. That will give you a little more wiggle room. Good luck, I know those are a pain in the but sometimes. Oh yeah and make sure the tabs in the bottom of the cover are not still in the the part of the cover that attaches to the intake, you have to lift up a little and pull the bottom of the cover twards the back of the car, that will help too.