PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Legacy 2005 or newer, Pros and Cons...?

taYloR9999
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Im looking to get one for college in the next couple years...Base model or 2.5i limited...most likely now the GT because i don't want to have to buy premium gas...

roberta
03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
You answered your own question. All the Subaru GTs are turbos now. The turbos are hard on gas, high maintenance and expensive to maintain. The base 2-3 models are normally aspirated and less expensive to run. Other than that they are great cars.

StevenR
03-11-2008, 03:40 AM
My recommendation would be the 2.5i Special Edition car. That today represents one of the best values available in the entire automobile market. The Limited adds a few nice amenities such as leather and dual climate control, etc. Mechanically they are identical. A very difficult car to find on the pre-owned market. Look at the incentive programs on the new ones. Might be within your range.

PMack
03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Pros: Killer styling, 175hp base, cheaper than a bmw, 5 star crash test now. The GT turbo is godly, premium gas isn't that much more. Test drive them both and an STi while you're there.Cons:...

Nikki
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
get the GT you will regret getting the non turbo legacy because its so slow.the premium gas will cost you something like $400 more per year. don't let that stand in the way of getting the car you really want

Rick7451
03-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Now for the downside.... I owned a 93 Legacy & found... Very expensive for service & parts. High insurance costs. Hard to find a mechanic who knows them well. Thirsty boxer motor & not very powerful. Tyre wear problems. Interior trimming fittings cheap. Not the best paint finish in the world. But otherwise not a good car for impoverished student. Get a Toyota Corolla