PDA

View Full Version : what car should i get??

skyhawk
03-05-2008, 04:47 PM
i have the choice of 3 cars and only these three!!!!*2008 subaru legacy 2.5i limited (non-turbo)*2008 subaru impreza 2.5i 5-door (w/navigation)*2008 toyota 4runner v6 sports edition 4X4 (w/navigation)all of these cars would be an automatic transmissioni really am leaning towards the 4runner but that might be a lease, if i get 1 of the subaru i would buy itwhat do you recommend, im a 19 year old college student, i do have great credit score in the 700's, i have great parents so i really dont have to worry about missing a payment but i really want to pay for the car myselfi would also want a sun roof

Th3On3NOnLy
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Personally I like Subarus, but I've never owned one.When I was young I had cars I didn't particularly like. I bought them because they were "practical". As I got older I realized that "practical" cars actually cost you more. This sounds counter-intuitive, but I'll explain why:Every car needs maintenance and repairs. You just can't get around it. Every car reaches the "point of no return" where there's that repair that "breaks the camel's back", i.e. the repair is more than the blue book value of the car. If you like your car alot, you'll pay the toll and keep the car. If you don't like your car, you'll fix your $1,900 problem with a $30,000 solution by way of a new car. I've been driving the same car now for 21 years. I like it alot. It's been painted twice, upholstered 3X, had two new engines, one new transmission and untold brake jobs, U-joints and oil changes. It's going down for a complete restoration this summer, I hope to have it available for a trip to Washington in a few months.It's always less expensive to keep a car on the road than it is to buy a new one. Moral to the story: Get the car you like most, not the most practical..

MLJ
03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
for a college student a 4runner would be a bit much, the legacy will probably work better for you, easier to drive, cheaper on gas, and more mechanically sound.