PDA

View Full Version : Subaru forester or....?

NicholasN
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
So should I go with the 08 and the special financing/money back they are offering? I'm basically at.... 2009 X vs 2008 XT (hopefully sport edition)... I wouldn't mind sacrificing my appeal towards the 2009 due to the SUV looks but I also like several other things such as the longer wheelbase, framed windows for quietness, front seats being able to fold in to a bed, wide opening doors, ect.... But wfould you guys rather have that or the 08 XT?Third option....My boss, and long time friend, offered me his 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser for around 20K. He's not eager to sell it but kind of neutral, (i think he only offered it to me because we've known each other for a long time and he has minor benefits of selling it). It has everything that the 2009 forester has plus more (which is a given with a 65-70K car). He's kept it in great condition, his leather seats look new and alot better than my 2006 Z and there's not a scratch on it.I like the refined drive of the land cruiser and the power of the XT... I have a 350Z and am 19 so of course I like the 225 hp turbo but also figure I already have a sports car.

soaplakegirl
03-09-2008, 04:32 AM
i vote you go for whats better long termthe blah blah financing money back crap is ultimately nothing to be concerned about. you save a few bucks now, big deal.go to carsurvey.com and look up reviews on both vehicles.personally i think toyota generally has solid quality, and subarus arent as sexy nor as top quality i think. even that isnt the most important thing though. have you driven both? do you like the feeling you get from one more than the other?they are both good brands really, but i think you shoudl get behind the wheel and see how it makes you feel to drive them. it might change your mind pretty quickly.

roady42
03-09-2008, 10:54 AM
If I were to choose any of the above mentioned, i'd go with the 08' Xt. I don't remember but I think it still uses the same engine as the STI except with a smaller turbo. Those things are wicked fast, if you're into that, and with a few upgrades you'll have a true sleeper. Good luck.

oilymess
03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Personally, id go with the land cruiser.It is cheaper, and a STEAL for 20k. If you were to buy that car new, tid be around 80k. Those cars have a higher demand then the subarus, so if you did want to sell it later on, youd keep the price at a pretty high rate. Also, they are much more reliable, from my expierience, then the subaru. The styling is unbeatble, and the horsepower is GREAT. Its super roomy for those nights where you wanna go clubbing with like ten friends, and you can customize it to look the way you want.

Ryan
03-09-2008, 11:38 PM
A land cruiser is a boat of a car and will cost more for gas. Insurance will be higher as well. If you are used to driving a 350Z than I would go with the Forester XT. It is still fun to drive and have plenty of room. The engine is very strong as mentioned above. It is not quite the same as an STI but very similar. If you are used to something peppy and buy something with no fun to drive factor to it, you will find you never want to drive it and be wasting money.

xxlilmissblueeyesxx
03-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Stick with the Forester - for about the same money, you get a new vehicle with a complete factory warranty. Not a good idea to purchase a vehicle from a boss/friend -

SandeepS
03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
IMHO, the '08 XT. Why not have a practical vehicle with a dash of fun added into the ingredients?