PDA

View Full Version : '07 Outback Sport Exhaust

icon1219
07-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm having a hard time finding an exhaust system that claims to fit an '07 impreza (non-turbo)

most of the systems I can find are built for a WRX or an STi.

I'm looking for a Cat-back style (preferrably one that looks simple and understated- no huge "fart-can" type...)

If I bought a Cat-Back system for a WRX, will it fit my non-turbo Impreza?

(let me know if you need any other details about the car: trans.,litreage, etc.,)

Thanks

rutech
07-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Have you tried the dealer??? They sell catback systems for most of the impreza's I thought. The exhaust systems from turbo to N/A are similar but I think there are suttle differances, not sure if they would work or not, I think they would but mounting might be the issue. Sorry I can't be more help, let us know if you find something that works.

rob_2.5i
07-26-2009, 02:22 AM
umm you can go to boxer4racing.com and they should have a catback exhaust for you, the company is called stromung, they sound pretty good from what i hear. wrx and sti exhausts could work but you have to cut and reweld the flange because they dont line up, also theres about a 3 inche gap between it so you would have to weld another piece so they can reach. i did it for my impreza wagon and it turned out great lol but its up to you

icon1219
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
awesome, thanks alot.

I think I'm gonna go with the stromung tho (sounds good from, what I've heard, and bolt-on is always appriciated..)

rob_2.5i
08-01-2009, 03:26 AM
yup yup no prob