PDA

View Full Version : Problem with fuel consumption display.

miguel924
07-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi.
I have a problem with the fuel consumption display of a 2005 Legacy. Sometimes it turns off while driving through pot holes. Then it turns on again misteriously.
I think that the plug in the back of the screen is not plugged correctly. Do you know how to get there? Are there any repair manuals of this model?
The car looks like this and the creen is the one inside the red box.
Thank you.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4246/subarudisplay.pnghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3702/subarulegacysedan200416.jpg

Scorpion8
07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi.
I have a problem with the fuel consumption display of a 2005 Legacy. Sometimes it turns off while driving through pot holes. Then it turns on again misteriously.
I think that the plug in the back of the screen is not plugged correctly. Do you know how to get there? Are there any repair manuals of this model?
The car looks like this and the creen is the one inside the red box.
Thank you.

Definitely could be a loose-fitting multiplug on the back of that harness, or a spurrious short. But since it comes back on, I'd suspect a loose plug connector. If the vehicle is still under warranty, I'd have it looked at asap.

miguel924
07-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Thank you Scorpion. It's not under warranty. Warranty was 3 years. :(

Scorpion8
07-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Thank you Scorpion. It's not under warranty. Warranty was 3 years. :(

Doesn't look that tough to get to from behind to pull it. Then remove the multiplug and (place a heavy rag underneath) and flush it with good quality contact cleaner. Then re-seat it snugly (make sure all the connector latches are in good order). While you have the unit out, look behind it and see if anything is resting on the harness that would tug on it or anything.

rutech
07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
You get to the clock by pulling out the center vents, the clock is screwed to the vents. Best bet is to use a plastic trim tool to pry it out. The vents are held in by a series of plastic clips and will just pop out but it may take a little bit to get it started so take your time and be carful not to scratch it up and you should be fine.