PDA

View Full Version : Legacy won't start- HELP!

doctorevil3232
06-29-2009, 02:45 PM
My 97 Legacy won't start and I know it's either the battery or something in fuse box. I don't know anything about cars so bear with me: I have a 'D' button on my keychain that I press to deactivate the alarm so I can start the car, but it's making a funny sound now, and the power functions like the windows aren't working when I turn the ignition. I have turned the alarm on and off but no help. Any ideas? Is it the battery?

rutech
06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
it sounds like the battery is dead too me. Have you tried to jump start the vechicle??? I would try that first and go from there. Good luck.

doctorevil3232
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
My buddy jumped it last night; thanks for the advice. Then I locked the keys in the car while it was running; comedy of errors. Car's falling apart like my life, he thinks I need a new radiator too. Went on backpage.com last night and think I found one for cheap. That site is actually pretty useful

rutech
06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Well at least you got it running right?? Sorry to hear about the rest of it, but been there and done that. So when you got it running did the battery light on the dash come on??? If so you probly need an alternator. If not than you probly just need a new battery. So just curious but why do you need a new radiator?? I will have to check out that sight you went to, never herd of it before.